“BORGO DEI MEDICI”
The Borgo dei Medici is located between the historical pregnant places
Cerreto Guidi and Vinci in a wonderful hill landscape in front of the
Montalbano ridge. The old castle in Cerreto Guidi was built in the 11.
Century. There the influential family Medici built a mansion at 1565,
which can be visited today as museum. Only about 3 km distance from
Cerreto Guidi the Padule di Fucecchio is situated, a marshland with
a singular flora and fauna. Vinci, Leonardos’ birth place, is
about 5 km far away. It is worth nothing the closeness of the area to
the outstanding artistic and historical beauties of Tuscany: approx.
50 km to San Gimignano, 40 km to Florence and Lucca and 50 km to Pisa
complex with swimming-pool inserts itself
harmoniously into the landscape and offers a wonderful panorama. It
contains 16 apartments in bungalow-style with considered terrace in
the midst of an extensive park with olive trees, oaks and cypress-trees.
To the restaurant with spacious terrace it is a stroll of approx. 500
m. All apartments, except type C, are two storied and furnished in rustic
Tuscan style with well furnished kitchen and dishwasher, a bathroom
with washing machine and - of course - Sat TV. Vine and oil from own
production can be acquired in the house.